Sunday, April 30, 2006

What a weekend!

Saturday 29 April 2006

Dear baby girl,

Daddy got to feel you properly for the first time today. You landed two big kicks in a row. Your brother can’t wait to feel you now; although you will have to land some big kicks for him to feel - and on command. See, his attention span is not too long. He puts his hand on my tummy for a few seconds and that’s it, so you have to be ready ok!

Lots of love
Mummy (Daddy & Byron) xxx

Sunday 30 April 2006

I have been a busy little bee today. I managed to clean Byron’s room and put everything in its place. I moved all his ‘baby things’ from the baby’s room – like money boxes, teddies etc (all those things he got as christening gifts etc) and put them in his room. It only took 3 hours!!! I am officially pleased as punch.

My darling boy has been a bit of a wild child today . He has been a tad hyperactive. On the best of days we would be hard pressed to get 10 seconds of silence with Byron around. Today, we were lucky to get 1 second!!! By the time he feel asleep at around 9.15pm (after he was put to bed at 7.00pm) I was exhausted. I suppose it could have something to do with his swollen right eye. His eye was a little red on Friday. Yesterday it was fine. However, today, when he woke up from his sleep it looked funny. It progressively got worse over a few hours and is now swollen. Hopefully, it is nothing serious. We will see tomorrow.

On a lighter note, he said the cutest thing to me today. I found his little pretend wallet which has 3 pretend coins in it. He proceeded to tell me that he was going to the shops to buy me some sausage, milk, chocolate milk and bread. He packed up his baby Sam in his stroller, opened the front door and off he went. Not to worry, he was back with the groceries about 1 min later. He also had a sweet surprise for me; ”mummy here is $500,000 for you” (yes $500K) and he handed me one of his pretend coins. What a cherub!!!

Well it’s onto the baby’s room tomorrow – although I did start that today.

No comments: