Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Helping Hand!

As Byron is getting older, I find him so much more intriguing to talk to. The way he voices his opinions, wants and desires amazes me.

We were having a nice warm bath together tonight. It was my attempt to calm him down somewhat as he was quite out of sorts today. Nothing would really entertain him; he wouldn’t sleep; wet his pants no less then 5 times; and just had his cranky daks on.

So there we were talking...I said to him that my tummy was getting really big now to which he agreed . I asked if he wanted to chat to Lily and he proceeded to put his head really close to my belly and had the following to say...

"Daddy got mad at me today because I was naughty and cranky" (I would say this was a correct observation)
"Don’t get up early before the sun gets up or you will get in trouble" (Byron gets this lecture a few times a week and often doesn't heed the advice, much to our (or should I say Trevor's) dismay)
"Are you sleeping?"

After he finished his little conversation I asked whether he will help me out with Lily when she comes along. With his little hand on his head and his elbow on my leg he proceeded to tell me...

"I will help her eat her sultana bread" (He loves fruit loaf and got to have some after dinner). I explained that Lily will be too little to eat and that she will be drinking milk. "I will help her eat her bottle". At this point I proceeded to explain that she will drink milk from mummy’s boobies and that when he was a little baby he drank milk that way too. He responded with this strange look on his face, which was followed with "can I have some". Ok I thought... I explained that only tiny little babies get to have some milk from my boobies and that there was no milk there yet; milk arriving when the baby comes.

Moving on from this part of the conversation (which couldn't have happened sooner ), I asked him what else he will help with. He said "I will help her eat her dummy" and "I will help her play". I responded by telling him Lily will be the luckiest little girl to have a big brother like him! His smile said it all .

No comments: