Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Stage 1: Nursery Completed

I started preparing the nursery 8 weeks ago. By that I mean, cleaning out Byron’s old room, rearranging the furniture and well, that’s about it. I have been asking Trevor for ages to help me do the frieze on the wall, but each time he comes up with some sort of excuse not to do it . Well, he has assured me that Friday is the day (no winging or complaining permitted).

Tonight, I managed to get Trevor to take 20 minutes out of his busy schedule to help me adjust the cot and put the side back on. So, finally that is done. However, along the way, we have managed to loose this bolt thingy for one of the sides. Hopefully we will find it or more importantly if we can’t, Bunnings or someone will sell the same piece . Now I just have to pick up the mattress on the weekend!

I was happy with my contribution to the nursery today . I put together a white toy storage chest, with seat (quite proud of myself). It wasn’t that difficult, except for the fact that one of the bits wouldn’t fit where it was supposed to go (there’s always one bit!). After some fiddling and 30 minutes later it was all sorted and the chest completed.

I guess you could say that stage 1 of the nursery is complete, with stage 2 due for completion in approximately 5 working days (Trevor and finances permitting).

Byronisms of the Day:

Byron’s favourite show at the moment is "Little Einsteins" (which I am sure I have previously mentioned). Anyway after this show finishes at about 5.45pm he knows that "we have to flick to mummy’s show" (deal or deal if your interested! ). Before we can flick the channel though, Byron has to watch the whole show, including the "creckits" (credits in our language)!

Maybe TMI...

When Byron fluffs (for the better word) he always says "pardon me". Its quite funny when you are at the shops and all off a sudden he says in a loud projecting voice "pardon me". You can’t help but laugh and think..."Byron, if you can’t hear it don’t acknowledge it". Sometimes, if he can smell it he says with his nose screwed up "that’s isgusting".

No comments: