Saturday, May 10, 2008

High Tea

I went for High Tea today with some of my girlfriends. It was so darn nice! It was my first time – I was a high tea virgin. They took me out as a thank you for taking the pictures of their kids which was a lovely thought – I didn’t need a thankyou. Lending me their children was more then enough of a thankyou for me. Today was just a bonus.

I’ll be honest, I’m not a ‘tea’ drinker but I love the idea behind it – girlfriends, cakes and lots of chatting. Really, what’s not to love about that?!

There were four of us and it was perfect. We chatted, sipped tea (or in my case hot chocolate – strike me down now!) and ate all the scrumptious little pastries, cakes and sandwiches well into the afternoon. Speaking of scrumptiousness…aren’t petits fours the most delectable, cutest things ever – trust me to get all excited over food.

It was such a welcome relief to my somewhat stressful life at the moment. It was delightful to chat husbands (mainly bashing he he he) and babies and all things in between. I was eagerly waiting the weekend just so I could go to high tea; just to spend some much needed time with some good friends.



After High Tea I had the pleasure of welcoming my first visitors into my new home…ok not really…just showing my girlfriends around the place. It was nice to see, when I dropped in today, that we had a range hood. Woohoo! Although, I wasn’t too happy with the chimney type thing sticking out of my roof but I guess that goes with the territory. If you hadn’t noticed I’m becoming such a perfectionist of late. I hate things out of place.

In addition to the range hood I saw that the rain head in the ensuite had been installed. I can’t wait to give it a whirl.

12 days to go!!!



1 comment:

Andrea said...

Not long too go now.. it's looking stunning!!!

You look like you have some lovely girlfriends there... mind due they are lucky to get to spend time and have their children photographed by you (me jealous... never hehe!!)

xx