Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Lights and mirrors ahoy

The electricity was properly connected today. We have lights, ceiling fans and power points – lots of power points! Finally, we'll be able to attend the house at night - we can see where we're walking! Looks like they were busy today- they had also installed the shower screens, bathroom mirrors and cupboard/built-in doors.

I’m not sure if I mentioned it but we have a key – WOOHOO – so we can visit and browse whenever we want. We had to pay a $20 deposit for the privilege in exchange for a ‘builder’s key’, but we get that back when we hand the key in at handover. We’ve had the key for about two weeks now and it’s been fantastic. It’s great to be able to browse around inside whenever we want. It means we can keep a closer eye on the finer details and advise the builder if anything isn’t to our liking/specification earlier then we otherwise would ensuring there will be no nasty surprises come handover.

Speaking of nasty surprises…how shocked was I when I spotted the linen cupboard’s brand spanking new sliding doors…they were cream. Cream you say – what’s wrong with that? Well, we have white walls that’s whats wrong with it. It just looked so wrong. I have consciously made an effort to ensure everything has matched. There is no way I would have let a cream linen cupboard door slip through in my colour selection.

I rang the builder late this afternoon and explained their little mistake. He said he would have to take a look at his tender colour selection document to see what colour it was supposed to be. Do you think I could find my copy at home? Nope. I did find the original draft which had ‘birch cream’ as the colour but as expected I had picked that up and changed it to white. I rang the actual building company to find out what we had on the contract and it was indeed 'artic white' which was such a relief. That means some one has stuffed up and they better fix it!

Aside from the little mishap everything looks good. I loved the entrance light the best. It was worth the money and looks perfect. Just perfect. Trevor and I have vowed to make sure nothing gets moved in through the front door – God forbid something should happen to our precious crystal light!


(Isn't it gorgeous?)


(Main ensuite vanity mirror)


(Bathroom vanity mirror - can you believe it's bigger then the ensuite? What's with that!)


(Playroom fan)


(Alfresco downlights and fan)


(Bathroom showerscreen)


(Bedroom built-in doors)


(The lovely 'birch cream' linen cupbaord door - don't you think it goes perfectly with the white walls?!)

6 comments:

Kylie said...

Wow mate, everything looks amazing! I agree that the crystal light is just stunning! Tick tock tick tock - not long to go now! xox

Renee said...

That light in the front entrance is amazing! Love it!

Andrea said...

Looks gorgeous (well aside from that slip up in the cream cupboard but easily fixed!!) I adore the crystal light ... just beautiful.

Not long now!!!

Melza said...

Looks beautiful! Can't wait to visit!

Mel xxx

Kylie Jansen said...

Looks great Nic, you must be super excited!

Tasha said...

Considering my in laws gave you a big discount, you could have let everyone know you got it from Southport, Beacon Lighting. And yes, of course all the lights look great!!