Saturday, May 10, 2008

Store-wee Time

You might recall a little while ago my disdain at reading to Lily. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to; it was more that it was just so frustrating. She wouldn’t sit still. She would close the books after one page. Basically she just didn’t like to read or more to the point…be read to.

WOW how things have changed. It’s ‘store-wee’ this and ‘store-wee’ that at the moment. Currently, Lily just loves books. You can sit on her rocking chair and literally read her book after book (and repeat them over and over) and she will sit for as long as you will read.

She interacts on a whole new level now. Her vocabulary is expanding at a rate of knots which I think is the reason for her increased fascination for reading - she just wants to suck it all up. I’ve discovered that she has some favourite books…the books to which she is drawn (I suspect it is because they are the ones we read her often). These include…

“Where is the Green Sheep”
“The Hungry Caterpillar”
“Oh Dear”
“Night Night Baby”
“The Going To Bed Book”
“Peepo”

I couldn’t pass up of the opportunity to capture ‘store-wee’ time. They are nothing spectacular but none the less they are special to me…

I'm glad Trevor managed to capture some with me too...

2 comments:

Andrea said...

She's growing up... and so beautiful xx

Rachael said...

Ooooooooo I am so excited...there is hope for Liam LOVING books one day! He is just like Lily was....wriggles, squirms, closes pages it has all been so disheartening that I have given up and now I just give him a pile of board books to play with in the hope he shows some interest in the pictures. If he does I then (from a distance) say "boat" or whatever he is looking at. Lily has given me hope Liam will someday love books!