Friday, September 26, 2008

Byron's cake reveal...

Oh! Oh! Oh! Tomorrow Byron turns five!!!

*gasp*

I’ve spent today doing my motherly duties – baking away in preparation for his party tomorrow. On a side note, not only did I make him car cookies, bake his cake, ice his cake, organise his party but I got all my hair chopped off too – yep all of it. Oh my do I feel naked. It’s just above my shoulders now and layered. I just got sick of having 'no style' with my longer hair so I opted for something you could say was more 'hip'.

Anyway, I digress…I’ve just finished the cake and now it’s time for the reveal…

Treasure Island! It literally is full of little bits of treasure – not ‘real’ treasure, or at least not treasure to me but treasure to Byron. Hmmm, I suppose it’s hard to tell a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds that M&Ms are not treasure, so I guess treasure it is. I can’t wait to see his face upon sighting my *cough, cough* masterpiece.




Off to wrap his presents ready for his big day!

7 comments:

Charlene said...

Ohh, dont you just *love* birthday time lol!

Great job on the cake it looks fantastic! My son is having a pirate party for his 6th birthday in a few weeks, and wants a pirate ship cake, but i've done the treasure island cake before for a friends son, and the "treasure" is a total hit with the kids!
Hope it is a lovely day for you!

Charli xox

MacPhee Family said...

Oh Nic, that looks awesome. Hope he enjoys it, he was pretty excited about it when I spoke with him this morning. On another note, I want to see a photo of you with the new do!

Jessika said...

that cake is awesome. did you design it your self? or which cake book did you get it from. my son would love a cake like that for his 5th birthday

MrsPfeiff said...

I love it!!!!! Happy Birthday to Byron, the beautiful boy that he is. He's a beautiful treasure just like that which is in his cake.

Lots of love to all xxx

Melza said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BYRON!! Your mum did an ace job on your cake - maybe she can come and do Layla's cake.....

Great job Nic!

oh, and YAY on your haircut!!!

x

Kylie said...

Mmmm that cake was good - and it tasted just as fabulous as it looked! Lucky me!

Kylie Jansen said...

The cake looked fab Nic!

Another who would love to see your hair :)