Sunday, September 14, 2008

My big catch up

I’m totally struggling with my work, photography, mothering, pleasurable, blog lifestyle balance at the moment. I just don’t seem to have enough hours in the day to do much of anything but work and photos. Argghhh! My fault of course - way too much on my plate. Honestly, I don’t know why I’m doing it to myself.

Take this week for example. I worked a five day week at my real job as always. Yesterday, I second shot a fancy wedding that took me away from the house and kids for pretty much the whole day and all for a hundred bucks (never again – once is enough - no weddings for me anytime soon. Yesterday’s experience sealed the deal in that department – I was totally exhausted when I got home). This afternoon, I have a portrait session with three kids and a newborn, which I have no doubt will be a full on experience – but that’s the kind of experience I love. Then when I get home, I have to prepare for a work settlement conference tomorrow morning – there is another few hours gone.

Talk about a pleasurable weekend!

I really am struggling with everything. Something has to give and I just hope that it can be a day in my ‘real’ job because that is probably (ok it is) my least favourite thing to do. It’s not that I hate my job or anything. I just hate working full time! I hate that I have to commute up to an hour and half each way (that includes dropping and picking up the kids) - 2 to 3 hours per day!

I am hoping to cut back to four days very soon but I am just waiting for Trevor’s stupid work to sort out his damn pay – that is a whole other story that I just don’t have time to pen. Sigh. Story of my life in the blog world huh?! I have so much that I need to talk about…the list just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I want to blog it all because these are my memories and I want to share them with my children at some point in the future. It disappoints me that I’m so far behind. My list includes (naming a few):

1. The sale of the house way back on 18 August went through. Wooohoooo! Let me tell you that at 3:05pm when I got the phone call that all had gone well I let out one big sigh. Finally, after god knows how long, we would have some relief financially; no longer paying two mortgages and personal loans and credit cards. What a relief.

2. The fence. We managed to get our fence erected on the 21st of August. Might I add, it’s a mighty fine looking fence too. Although, I wish it matched our house a little more. You see, it’s the same fence as everyone else has – it’s cream with navy trim. Not exactly the colours I would have chosen. Oh well. At least the kids are now trapped safely in the yard by 2 meters of colourbond.

3. The front garden. It took Trevor and I four hours on Saturday (23 August) to dig the front two gardens. We had to dig through clay. Oh my god did I feel it in my shoulders and every aching muscle in my body that night. On Sunday I (read - NO TREVOR who decided to play football and then go and watch it) organised the garden. I got the edging. I got the plants (which included some Lillipillies and Tiny Trevs he he he). I dug the holes. I planted the plants. I did it all. I was so proud of my self hosing it down at sundown. Hard bloody work but so worth while to see the end product!

4. Grandma day. I’ll get to that one soon enough – every Wednesday is Grandma day.

5. Byron. You might have noticed that it’s been a little light on in the Byron department lately. His antics will get their own special attention shortly. Can I just say though…he is reading. My boy is reading those little readers. Sigh. He is just the cleverest, handsomest, darlingest little guy around!

6. Lily. There is still more I need to add about her. She is a crack up!

7. Me. Sigh. So much to say about me. My feelings and my fun.

I hope to, from now on, get back to my daily (ok maybe second daily) blog posts; if only for me. It’s my outlet and perhaps I’m just bottling too much up at the moment. No outlet to speak of really. I always feel so good when I have managed to document something for future prosperity. Otherwise, the something just gets lost into the abyss of the past, compounded by the present, until it is all but a distant, faint memory.

So, it’s a deal. I’ll be back tomorrow night talking about something!

3 comments:

Jessika said...

YAY i cant wait for you to be back in full swing,. but you def do too much nic, something like you said has gotta give, hopefully you can sort out dh's pay and get a day off for your self.

your a brilliant mum and a GREAT everything else.

good luck with it all. cant wait till tomorrow.

MrsPfeiff said...

It's good to see you "back" (blogging), babe. I think your phone cut out mid-conversation just then, but what I was going to say was to hang in there. We'll talk more later...but remember how proud I am, and that I'm not alone in being proud of you, and that one day it's going to be easier. And less hectic LOL.

And yes...you were right when you rang...I really DO understand - hope that makes sense.

Lots of love,

Karen xxx

Blythe said...

I feel the same way, Nicole but I don't work full time or have two kids. Not enough TIME!