Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I WON!!!


There I am...on the right. I'm the winner for the amateur section - bubbles!

WOOHOO!

Trevor, the sneaky blighter, found out that I won last night after midnight when one of my friends thought I was still on MSN. She urged him to go and look. Low and behold he saw that I had won. He toyed with waking me up but decided that I would probably be too excited to sleep so he let me sleep. Instead, his first words to me this morning were “Congratulations. You won!”. I jumped around to face him. I thought I was dreaming. How could little ol' me win a competition?!

I still can’t believe I’ve won. It’s so nice to win something that I actually want. If I won $5K there is just no way on this earth that I could justify spending it on a camera. No way. This way, I don’t have a choice. Therefore, no need to feel guilty – I win again! Woohoo!

OK…time to take a chill pill.

10 comments:

Kirsten said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Such a gorgeous pic, would look stunning on canvas!

Your photography is just beautiful and when I can get some spare money together I would love to get some pics done!

Have fun spending the money.

Kirsten

Kylie said...

Congratulations matey! Of course, I had every confidence that you had it in the bag! hehehe. Enjoy spending the cash! xoxox

Maree said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

It is a great photo of a great subject and will look great on the wall. Congratulations again you deserve it

Maree & Graham

andrea said...

Congratulations Nic :)

MacPhee Family said...

We all knew you'd win!!! That's awesome Nic, congratulations.

Melza said...

YAY!! All that voting was worth it! Well done Nic!

x

Kylie Jansen said...

Congratulations!! You must be over the moon!!

I'm so happy for you!

Charlene said...

Well done!!
A beautiful, beautiful picture of your equally beautiful son. You definitely deserved to win, I took a peek at the entries and yours was the best by far!! :)

Have fun picking your new equipment!

Charli xoxox

Renee said...

Congratulations!!

Blythe said...

Wow - what fabulous news! Congratulations!