Monday, November 17, 2008

Sharing the journey

I got the bestest news today. Really – its right up there as the greatest news I’ve had in ages.

My besty is pregnant!! It’s her first.

… and guess what?!

She’s due exactly a week before me. What are the odds? Her week falls on a Thursday just like mine. I knew she was trying. She didn’t realise I was trying as well. Well we know I wasn’t exactly trying but never the less, there’s something in it. Right?!

I ‘m so excited to be sharing the journey with someone close. With Byron I shared the journey with no one. I was the first of my friends to get pregnant and no one even came close to being pregnant with me, although I did have a friend that had a 9 month old. So, it was a lonely road, especially with the hyperemesis. Then there was Lily… a few of my friends were pregnant around the same time – 3 and 5 months behind, plus I had discovered the internet forum Essential Baby. That was definitely better then doing it alone.

However, I’ve never shared the journey with someone so close and to be so close in dates too – so cool!

Anyway, I do worry that it’s too perfect if you know what I mean but then again I think, how could it not have meant to be?

It’s only early days yet so I’m trying not to celebrate too much , especially with the miscarriage I’ve preciously suffered. But as time goes, and all progresses smoothly there’s no doubt I’ll get more excited about sharing the pregnancy journey with my besty but also sharing the parenting journey as well.

No comments: