Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Toilet Training!

I’ve been dreading it for months the whole toilet training thing. Lily has basically shown no interest to learn. I’ve suspected that she’d be a whole lot more trouble than Byron ever was with potty training.

A few weeks ago kindy decided it was time to get into action. They popped her in those terry toweling trainers (they remind me of the 70s). Aside from nap time, they would keep her in them all day long!

For the first week there were accidents - accident after accident. There were no successes to speak of. Not one. For this reason I didn’t try putting her in trainers when we came home from kindy. With dinner, baths and everything else I just didn’t have the energy to direct to that endeavor (naughty me). Plus every time I insinuated that she use the potty I was met with, “I don weeally like it”.

So, another week went by and there weren’t any successes to speak off.

I thought this was the pattern of the future. However, with this week has come some success. Slowly but surely things are falling into place. There have been less accidents – when I say less I mean not 9 but say 3 to 4. There has been potty action too. Lily did 3 wees on the potty yesterday and 4 the day before. And just in case you’re mistaken she’s more than happy to correct you and tell you all about her efforts – she’s so proud of herself!

Today, Grandma day, was the first day we did the ‘big girl’ undies (a.k.a terry friends) at home. Guess what?! I’ve been told there were no accidents but then again there were no successes during the course of the day either. She seemed to save it all for the nap time nappy.

When Trev and I came home from work Lily was all bathed and in her ‘undies’ - there’s nothing cuter then little toddler legs and cutie bum enclosed in big kid undies! It’s a new view compared to nappies and more nappies. Adorable!

So there was no success today but I am very excited to announce that this evening I managed to get Lily to do her first ever wee in the potty at home! Woohoo! It looks like we might be getting somewhere. That said, I have no doubt that number twos will be a whole other story. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Well done Lily!! xox