Friday, November 17, 2006

Addicted

addicted:
1. Dependent on it (especially a drug).
2. Unable to give it up, eg a habit.

It's official I am habituated, given to, disposed to, hooked on, accustomed, inclined, obsessed with, in the habit of, under the influence of, attached to...

Chocolate

Yes Chocolate is the drug of my choice and its driving me nuts.

I will say it out loud…My name is Nicole and I am a chocoholic! (this is supported by the fact that as I write this, I am ingesting Chiccos and many of them )

However, some would beg to differ with me in this regard. According to Trevor, chocolate doesn’t contain any addictive properties so you can’t be ‘addicted’. Therefore, in his eyes my situation purely arises due to some ‘mental’ aspect; I can and should stop!

Therefore, according to Trevor’s theory it is my mental aptitude to eat more junk that is causing me to sway past the chocolate aisle in Kmart, just to pick up my freckles; or to drop into Wendys just to get my mega choc shake; or to pick up that chocolate bar up at the supermarket to get my much needed hit.

OK I probably agree with Trevor...maybe I'm addicted to the habit of eating it; not the chocolate it self. Can 'habits' be addictive?

Whilst I enjoy chocolate and occasionally lollies I really don’t want to be eating them all day every day as its really impacting upon the waist line ? A LOT! The thing is, I just don’t know what to do...I need a wake up call (you would think my waistline would be enough).

At least I have realised I have a problem...now I just have to overcome my ‘desire’ and break the habit (easier said then done I would say).

Stay tuned to see how I go. I’m off to the gym to work off those, now obsolete Chicos.

Edited to Add: I worked off half the chiccos at the gym before Lily decided to crack it in the childcare and wouldn’t stop crying, which according to them ‘was so unlike her’ (I think she might have been hungry ). Grrr to only getting to do half of my step class!

Oh and for the record...after having seen myself in the mirror whilst doing the class, I have decided that I really need to curb my naughty habit. Today is the beginning (shhh lets forget about the chiccos)

Further addition...OMG I just stepped on the scales and I weigh 73kgs WTF am I doing to myself??? That is the wake-up call I need...no more junk (well only a little bit).

No comments: