Sunday, November 26, 2006

Santa, all I want for Christmas is...

Santa, all I want for Christmas is...

Chocolate Balls

Yes, you read right - chocolate balls...that’s all Byron wants for Christmas and he made sure Santa knew it! No bikes, cars, dinosaurs or toys in general. He just wants Chocolate. If truth be told, this doesn’t surprise me at all. I might have mentioned previously that Byron is not really a ‘toy’ kid. Sure he plays with them (and he has many), but there is nothing he is truly taken by. He likes playing in the sandpit, reading books and playing with money (his money box full of change - he empties it out, puts the money everywhere and then puts it back…well not always). Many of the little boys I know love matchbox cars; Byron couldn’t care less if he didn’t have any (he has about 20 of them which never get touched). He is a kid that likes simple things.

You would think I learnt my lesson last year at Christmas when I got him lots of different toys that I thought he would love and guess what - he didn’t really care! Admittedly he was only 2 and a bit and in reality probably didn’t understand, but I didn’t care - I cried when he really showed no interest in what he got...I was so upset (although I was only just pregnant and didn’t know it so I am putting that down to hormones).

Given my previous years experience with Christmas, you would think I would have learnt, but not so. I’m afraid to say that I have still bought him lots of presents that admittedly I probably got more enjoyment out of purchasing and wrapping then he will get out of opening and playing with. That’s Christmas I guess. I could always take everything back and buy chocolate - that would be a sure fire hit and much cheaper.

We had a Santa shot taken today, Lily’s first!


No comments: