Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Life of Lily...

Sleep
Play
Eat

Attempt to play

Sleep
Eat
Sleep

Lie in swing

Sleep
Eat
Sleep

Eat
Sleep
Sleep

Lie in Swing

Sleep

Have a bath

Eat
Sleep, Sleep, Sleep

It is not hard to see there is a running theme happening here; sleep! Lily likes to sleep a lot ? a whole lot. She loves her sleep, which I can’t complain about. On the contrary, this is something I am excited about.

My excitement was compounded further when she slept for a whole 8 hours in a row on Friday night and then again last night (roughly 8pm until 4am). How exciting (to be getting 6 hours - because lets face it I don’t go to bed at 8pm - in a row is exhilarating, especially when it has been a good few months since it was experienced last).

The only drawback to her sleeping a whole lot is that she doesn’t have much time to play. She seems to be lacking in the smiling and cooing department. By that I mean she doesn’t seem to smile and goo much considering she is 10 weeks tomorrow. Don’t get me wrong, she does smile and make some noises. Most of these are in the morning though, when she has just woken up from sleep (in between more food and sleep) and she is staring up at her cot mobile. Otherwise it is scant over the course of the day; and to get those smiles I have to work hard!

It seems my little Lily is going to be somewhat (and I mean somewhat) quieter then her brother, who I might add hardly slept during the day and was constantly playing, smiling and off course hardly shut up (and still doesn’t). If she was my first, I probably wouldn’t notice as much. I guess it’s because Byron set a precedent and an abnormal one at that, because from what I here little babies are meant to sleep; and sleep a lot.

I better head off now and get my 6 hours beauty sleep (this is of course based on the premise that Lily will sleep for 8 hours again? heres hoping!).

No comments: