Thursday, November 02, 2006

First Report Card

Didn’t think I would be seeing one of these anytime soon (well not for another 3 years at least) - Byron’s end of year report card! When Trevor informed me that Byron had a report card my first thought was "Oh my...I hope it’s good!"

I asked Trevor how he did. His response was, "ok…he got usually for most things". Was that good I wondered? It didn’t sound good. What happened to always and excellent and outstanding. Then I remembered...hang on we are talking about 2 and three year olds; always just doesn’t happen!

As it turns out his report card was graded as follows:

U = usually
S = sometimes
H = with help
S/H = seems to loose interest quite quickly (made up especially for Byron’s report card )

Ok, so this is how he went:

• I really enjoy:
• Dramatic play U
• Blocks U
• Puzzles S/H
• Sandpit U
• Climbing U
• Games U
• Books/stories U (to be read to)
• Collage S/H
• Painting S/H
• Drawing S/H
• Music U

I follow our rules U/H
I look after my belongings U
I listen when others speak S
I am happy at kindy U
I can share an idea with someone else U (very much so...! ) - That’s what it says.
I say please, thankyou and excuse me U
I am proud of my work U

I help:
• At tidy up time U
• My teacher S/H
• A friend S/H

I have made some friends U
I try hard to share things H
My concentration is improving H

Overall I would have to say his first report card isn’t too bad. Sure he needs to improve, especially on the concentration and listening front (which at the moment seems to be a bit wayward ) but I am happy to know he has most of the basics (i.e. manners, pride, friendship) under wrap.

Now there is next years to look forward to!

No comments: