Thursday, November 09, 2006

Chubba guts!

I was having a bath with Lily last night - something I love to do - when I noticed that she really is my ‘chubba guts’. I know I have said she is a ‘chubba guts’ before but I didn’t realise just how chubby she was! She has baby boobs, thunder thighs, rolls and a big tummy to boot and I love it!!!

I love that she is so cuddly!

I love that she has cheeks that you could just eat!

I love the dimples in her calves!

I love it all!

I took her to the health clinic yesterday to get weighed. She weighs a good healthy 5850grams; is 59cms and now has a head circumference of 41.7cms. She is definitely doing well in the growing department (well she does love to eat ). Lately, when people ask how old she is and I tell them, they say to me ‘gee she is quite big’. As a result, I started to worry a little that maybe she was too big or that I was feeding her too much, but was quickly reassured by the child health nurse that she is most definitely not large, just healthy…which is perfect!

I compared her statistics with Byron. At exactly the same age (10 weeks 2 days), Byron weighed 6kgs and was 64cms long. He seemed so much leaner then Lily but I guess that goes without saying when you have an extra 5cms to spread the weight over.

At the moment she is still wearing 000s and I suspect she will do so for at least another month ? well that is what I am hoping ; we have to at least wear every outfit twice!!!!

For the record, over the last few days she has started to smile and coo a lot more then she has been doing. If you try hard enough, and she is not too tired, she will crack a smile for you - but sometimes you have to be quick or you’ll miss it!

No comments: