Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And so it begins...

I’ve been yearning for another baby since Lily was born. It’s funny. My friends said to me that I should stop at Lily; that I have terrible pregnancies; that I have a pigeon pair; that I’m lucky for what I have but I didn’t think so – I mean I’m definitely lucky. That goes without saying. Just look at my little cherubs. They’re the greatest kids ever. Just because I’ve got those two though doesn’t mean I don’t want any more because I do. I want three. Always have and always will!

Today I headed to the chemist for the first important trip in our trying to conceive journey. We plan on trying in the coming months (although I secretly hope, which is probably not possible, that I can get pregnant sooner. Naughty huh?!).

We’ve been debating it for ages. Thing is, the decision rests on whether I get a permanent position with my job (I’m still on contract!). The longer it goes on though – the trying to get permanent - the more inclined I am to say “stuff it” (waiting for permanent that is – life’s to freakin short if you ask me. Anyway, that’s another entry).

So I picked up some pregnancy and birth/folate vitamins today. I keep forgetting that I need to take the folate. With Byron I was good but only for the first couple of weeks before the dreaded sickness kicked in. With Lily it was much the same. I wonder what good it does only consuming it for a few months? I know you’re supposed to take it for at least 12 weeks but I can never manage it. This time I hope to take it for as long as I can.

It’s a bit strange buying the folate. I meant, it feels like I’ve only just had Lily. Seriously though, she’s 2 years and 2 months already. We were well and truly on the trying to conceive journey for number two when Byron was that age – although we lost one at 10 weeks shortly there after. I don’t want to waste anymore time waiting around.

Anyway, I just wanted to make known the occasion...an occasion where we’ve officially decided we’re ‘nearly’ ready (it’s bloody scary) to increase our little family for one last time.

No comments: