Monday, October 13, 2008

Inspired!

So I’m back!!!!

Man oh man did I have fun this weekend. It was everything I’d hoped it would be. Well worth the money and well worth my time! Jinky (aka Barb Uil) was an open book answering all questions and providing lots of inspiration along the way. It really was great to watch a super professional in action.

I feel very inspired to do better with my photography – not that I thought I was doing bad with it. I guess, it’s just that, I’ve been feeling a little flat. I’m having ‘style’ issues at the moment. Basically, I’m wondering whether I’ve actually got a distinct style with my photography – something that makes me unique. I’ve been told that I do but I just seem to have trouble seeing it myself. This weekend has made me yean to discover a little bit more about what I have to offer!

I know the type of photography I’m interested in taking or the style I kinda fancy, but sometimes I just find I'm not connecting or bringing that style to fruition. The photos are ok and parents love them, but sometimes I feel like I wish I did better or did things differently. Hopefully after this weekend I’ll be able to step outside the box and connect with my sense of style a little easier!

On a different note, I enjoyed getting away. Work has been so crazy at the moment and it really was nice to have a longish weekend.

So anyway, I’m back to reality now – back to the grind and back to my ‘real’ job tomorrow. Sigh.

1 comment:

Melza said...

YAY sounds like you had a wonderful time - tres jealous!!!

You are right though - you need to find the style that suits you, not trying to please everybody... that's what I used to do, then I just decided to please myself LOL

xxx