Monday, September 18, 2006

3 weeks already...

Mental Note...write diary during the day because one does not get the chance at night any longer!.

It seems the period between 6.00pm and 9.30pm is the "witching hour" or hours. It’s a time when Lily just wants to be cuddled. If you (meaning me) cuddle her she is fine – no crying. If you don’t, she cries or grizzles. This makes bathing Byron, getting dinner, eating dinner and internet time (mainly EB or MSN) extremely hard.

It is 10.50pm and Lily has just gone to bed...so I need to go to bed seeing as I will be up again in a few hours. So again, I will just "make a space" and come back with my diary entry for week 3 tomorrow (it seems I have a few entries to catch up on).

Til tomorrow...

*********************************************************

Ok I am back, managing to squeeze a few minutes into my diary writing whilst little Miss is asleep in her swing (although for how long I don’t know).

It is hard to believe that Lily is 3 weeks old already; time is just flying by. Over the last week I have noticed that she...

• Still sleeps a whole lot more then she is awake. If truth be told, her wake time would only consist of approximately 3 hours maximum (collective). During that time, she just looks around and moves her little arms freely. Sometimes she gets crossed eyed, which I remember Byron used to do often.

• Continues to look like a newborn baby. When I’m out and about I still get those stares and whispers of "awwwhhh look at that tiny baby...how sweet". I measured her length and it’s around 52.5cms. Her head is around 37cms now (thank god I didn’t have to push that extra centimetre out). She is currently wearing 0000's and some 00000's (I am making sure she at least gets a few wears out of all her clothes - I suspect though this might prove a little difficult)

• Squirms, wriggles and stretches all day long, all of which is accompanied by these peculiar grunting noises and sighs.

• Likes to be cuddled a lot more then she did a week ago. She particularly loves to cuddle up like a Koala, pulling her legs right up high and her arms tucked into her side (Oh I might just have a cuddly one this time around!).

• Is feeding much better then she was last week. Although, feeding on the right side is still a work in progress. At least I can say we are nearly on the home stretch in terms of my ‘left’ nipple (ie. there are no cracks or bleeding in sight – but that could change)!

• Is a little piggy who would feed every 2 hours if she could! At the moment I try to stretch her out as much as I can and usually feed every 3 – 4 hours (although there is no routine to it). Sometimes there is just no stretching and Little Miss Piggy gets her way after 2 hours! At night, after I feed her at around 10.00pm she generally wakes between 1.30 – 2.30am and then again at around 4.30 – 5.30am. She is putting on weight nicely (at her last weigh in she was 3610grams) and starting to get chubby little cheeks and a double chin. She also has this fat, round little belly. Trevor likes to refer to her as the "Ethiopian baby".

She just loves to eat…


No comments: