Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My baby boy is 3!!!

Oh my gosh, Byron is 3 today. Where does the time go?


Happy Birthday my Pumpkin Pie!


27 September, 2006

To My Dearest Byron,

Today you turn three. You are far from a baby, no longer a toddler but a little boy…my little boy; my pumpkin pie. It literally seems like yesterday you were born; yesterday you first smiled; yesterday you learned to walk; and yesterday you learned to talk (and never shut up!). In reality though, the ‘years’ have passed since those events. It is so hard to believe how fast you are growing up. With each passing day, you grow more; learn more and we discover what it is to be Byron.

At three Byron, you are funny (oh so funny!); you have this ability to articulate your thoughts and concerns well beyond your years and have done so for quite a while. There are so many occasions when I have been taken aback but something you have said…and I sit there with a smile on my face…laughing on the inside (I don’t want you to think that I am not taking what you have to say seriously). With this however comes some trouble – you are cheeky beyond belief, sometimes causing your father and I grief with your incessant babble (and it can be relentless) and constant need to talk.

You are sensitive to people’s feelings, especially if they appear upset…and it causes you great concern if something you have done might have upset someone else.

You are just adorably beautiful (I don’t think I’m biased!). I found myself the other day just looking at you…staring deep within your piercing blue eyes (and piercing they are – just like your Grandad’s eyes) wondering what they hide within. When someone said “your eyes are the windows to your soul” they were not lying, because for you…they are your essence and core, revealing so much of your character. You have this ability to communicate with your eyes…cheekily looking sideways when you want something; squinting when you are hysterically laughing; or just simply that wide eyed look of wonderment when you discover something new. It truly is wonderful!

You are the best big brother. It has only been a month, but in that time you have shown what the future holds for your relationship with Lily. I have no doubt, you will be loving, protective and a friend to your sister. I can’t wait to see that relationship grow and develop as the months, years and decades go by.

I am eternally grateful that at 7.40am on 27 September 2003 you entered my world, a world that truly couldn’t have been complete without you. There aren’t enough words to express how much I love you, but as you know, “I love you all the way to the moon and back!”.

I look forward to sharing many many more birthdays with you in the years and decades to follow.

Love always and forever
Your Mummy xxxx

No comments: