Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Arrghhh…what’s smooth?!

Nothing ever goes smoothly in my life. Not at all.

You might recall I mentioned that we sold our old place – finally after 4 months. Well, it was subject to finance which was due tomorrow. I just got a call from my solicitors and they have advised the purchasers want an extension until 8 August to organise their finance. I granted the extension on the basis settlement would still proceed on the 18th.

Of course, I got off the phone and totally freaked out – thoughts of bills, bills and more bills running through my head. Thoughts that the contract would fall through and we would be stuffed financially. I was so freaked out I actually rang the real estate agent to enquire as to what the issue might be because they had said they didn’t envisage a problem with the finance.

After a few phone calls I was advised that the purchasers went overseas shortly after signing the contract and it was likely that the need for the extension rested with delay with signing documents etc and nothing more. It was a relief to a small extent. Still though, I have horrible thoughts running through my head.

I guess all I can do now is wait (and pray) that the 8th comes and goes and by the 18th the house will no longer be ours.

No comments: