Thursday, July 10, 2008

On his lonesome…

My little guy had his very first shower tonight all on his lonesome. He’s had plenty of showers before but someone has always been in there with him.

He and Lily almost always have a bath together. Today however, on account of her being sick, she had already had a bath so instead of popping him in one all by himself, something we had done many times before, I thought he was big enough now to try his very own shower experience.

He did so well. He washed himself, all by himself. He washed his hair, all by himself (ok well nearly – I 'had to' pour the shampoo on his head). He had a good ol’ time drawing on the shower glass. He had a good ol’ time period.

I hope the new experience doesn’t bring with it a farewell to the old. I mean, my boy’s still little right?! He’ll still be having baths for a little while yet…or at least that’s what I’m hoping. Tonight was just a taste of big boy freedom. He’ll have to grow a few years older before he gets any more familiar with showering on his lonesome – I’m a cruel mother aren’t I?

Tomorrow night it’s back to the trusty bath and bath toys to boot.

He he he…and of course, it wouldn’t be a ‘first’ experience without my camera in hand.




2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a handsome little (bit big) boy!!

Yes, he's still little at least compared too that 18 year old boy (well down the track!!) driving his ute!!

Kylie said...

I really loved this post. I love capturing "firsts" and what a beautiful way to do it. I wonder if he reverted back to the bath and his toys with no requests for the shower again?!