Thursday, July 10, 2008

More Vomit

…and on the carpet no less. Arggh!

My poor Lily Pilly was quite the ill little flower this morning. We were all ready to go to work. She was in our bedroom with Trevor and I when all of a sudden she started lying down on the floor. I thought it a bit odd – I mean what toddler will just lie on the floor, still, for no reason? Then, a split second later she started coughing and out it came. I wasted no time in scooping her up and running full pelt for the tiles. Lucky I did because it just kept on coming.

So, there we all were, ready to leave the house when vomit struck. I didn’t know which way to look…Trevor was holding Lily so she didn’t trample on the vomit laden tiles while I’m running around like a mad woman trying to find something, anything, to clean the carpet – again! Lucky for us I managed to get it off.

In the meantime poor Byron was screaming that we would have to call the doctors because she was really sick and that he didn’t want her to die. Sigh. He just loves her so much!

Then came the dilemma…who would stay home? I already had two days off last week with the kids but Trevor just started a new job. He was nine days into it. So, who was it to be? It was decided he would stay home today. He rang his boss and she was cool which was a relief. That’s the hardest part about working fulltime with kids – juggling it all - trying to be there for them when it’s not always possible. Sigh.

As it turns out, Trevor and Lily had a nice day. He watched four Wiggles DVDs with her. They sat outside and watched the diggers ‘cut’ the lot next door. There was no more vomit and by the time I got home with Byron (whom I might add she missed immensely) she was a happy little poppet and ready to play. That’s just the way I like it…Did I mention how much I hate vomit?!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh dear, poor Lily - hope she's feeling better today.

Congrats to Trev on his new job - hope he's enjoying it.. are the hours better!?

Rachael said...

Oh bless your big Poppet and his concern for his sister (It bought tears to this pregnant woman's eyes).....Hope the sickness stays away from Lily

xx