Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Little Miss Independent

Lily is becoming so independent…a real little miss. She’s talking at a rate of knots as equally as she’s developing her own little personality. She loves to do things herself. It’s “Lily do it” this and “Lily do it” that. And, If she can’t do it on her own she isn’t afraid to ask for (or should I say, demand) some help along the way in her endeavours to get something done… "mummy do it” or “mummy help”.

The baby that was Lily is rapidly becoming a thing of the past. Whilst I still see the glimpses of infancy that once were, they are now fewer and further between. Sigh. I’m happy she’s growing into a little independent miss but at the same time I’m sad to see her leave the baby stage behind. In a matter of weeks, Lily will be two. My little baby will be two. I look at Byron, my big baby who’s nearly 5, and can’t at all imagine Lily will one day, in a blink of an eye, be that age. The reality hasn’t quite set in yet.

I can tell she’s growing up by the mere fact she’s communicating on a ‘kid’ level a lot of the time now. If she wants something these days she just out and out asks for it. The days of deciphering baby language are a thing of the past. There isn’t much she can’t say or doesn’t know.

The new thing Byron is finding of interest is to tell Lily to do things. He tells her to get things for him and he tells her to say things; things that are not always, well, nice. The other day, she ran out to me and said “poo poo head” with this massive big grin on her face. She was so proud. She tells Trevor that he’s a “silly daddy”. Needless to say, we are trying to pull Byron and his persuasive ways into line before he has Lily doing a whole lot more then calling us ‘poo poo heads’.

In line with my new project – to capture the little bit of ordinary in each day – I snapped a few pics of Lily in the bath…washing her own hair and insisting that she wash herself too… “Lily do it!”


3 comments:

Rachael said...

What is with "poo poo head"? My nieces and nephews have all gone through the same "poo poo head" stage!

That said, I can't believe you Baby is nearly two.....wow, how time has flown!

Peta said...

Love these latest 'ordinary' shots.. Can I ask what you have done to them ie processing etc??? Thanks :)

Nicole said...

Peta, I just ran an 'action' in PS on these ones. Childish David I think. xx