Saturday, June 21, 2008

Magical Fun

We went to yet another birthday party today – just a party for one of Byron’s future wives. Apparently all the girls want to marry him or at least that’s what they tell their mums. I wonder if his popularity with the ‘ladies’ will teeter out over time or if he’ll always be somewhat of a ladies man.

What can I say…he’s rather handsome…takes after his mother!

Speaking of Byron, I can’t believe how much he has changed of late. There are far less tantrums which, it goes without saying makes me a happy little camper. I can’t really explain it. He just seems mellower. Maybe the move and more space have helped him out some or maybe he’s just growing older. What ever it is, I hope it continues.

I can’t believe he only has 6 months of kindy remaining before he trots off to ‘big school’. I know in my heart of hearts that that time will fly by; that he will really be a different kid come February 2009. By different I mean more grown up. I know it, but I just try not to think about it. I just try to stay in the now and enjoy my little preschooler!

It’s been a while since I mentioned a Byronism so here’s a little one for the blog. According to Byron, Queensland won the “state of oranges”. That’s it. That’s all I have! I’ll try and be more conscious of his silly phrases and sentences.

Oh my, I digress…back to the party.

So, I also took Lily along to the party today. Byron was off with his friends but Lily of course required constant supervision which interfered into my social ‘mother’ time. Oh well. I snapped a few shots of her in the playground which made up for it.

There wasn’t a lot of your typical party food at this party. Just some chips and that was it. No lollies. Lily was rather disappointed seeing as the first thing she mentioned when I said we were going to a party was “lollies”. She just wanted those lollies and nothing else was good enough, except for the chocolate cake which she keep asking to have at least 2 hours before we sung happy birthday. Sigh. She’s certainly my little miss piggy!

There was a magician at the party which all the kids loved. All the kids related, even Lily. I thought she would be too young but she showed interest every now and then. Byron thought it was the coolest thing. I loved his facial expressions and excitement in his voice when he was relaying to Trevor how the magician turned the sponge rabbit into a real one. Shucks, even I was surprised but how good the magician was.

It was a lovely afternoon.







It was all a bit too much for Lily. She started to get very tired and thought Byron's lap would be a nice spot to lay her head for a minutes rest.


Isn't she a cutie patootie!?

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Gorgeous photos mate! I love the little topknot in Lily's hair! Too cute! Love all of the recent photos. Keep them coming! xox