Friday, August 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Mum!

At my recent check-up the OB referred me to see a physiotherapist again (I had already seen one earlier in my pregnancy) for my pubic pain. In his words, he wanted to make sure we had “exhausted all options” in relation to the SPD. Personally, I thought it would be a waste of time considering I had implemented much of what the physiotherapist had said when I went along to see them at 18 weeks. Really, I didn’t see there was much more they could do but went along for the ride anyway.

The physio was a nice young lady (and all of 25 I reckon). She explained some exercises and techniques I could use to help. She acknowledged that there wasn’t really a lot that could be done at this stage – just have to wait for the baby to be born. She did give me a nice (well not so nice because it hurt a little) massage/kneading of the butt and lower back. Apparently, I have knotted and spasmy muscles in the area which is not uncommon in pregnancy.

She suggested that Trevor try to massage/knead the area to relieve the tension. When I suggested that to him he said "we will need a crap load of cream to do that" HA HA HA...I responded with – "no cream required, you just need to knead the area". Trying to get Trevor to massage my feet etc is like trying to get blood out of a stone sometimes, so I suspect there won’t be too many massages in the next few weeks. I will try my best though!

Moving on...today is mum’s birthday. Being a Friday there was not a lot we could do because she works. However, we did have coffee this morning before my physio appointment which was nice. We also went out to dinner tonight to celebrate her birthday. She really liked the two Lilly Pilly plants I got her.


I was a little annoyed at myself after I had potted the plants (which I might add was quite therapeutic – for the record my thumb is definitely not green). You see, I purchased the pots separate to the plants and didn’t even realize that they were different pots until after I had potted the plants and taken a photo to give mum. The pots are the same size and colour but one has a ridged top and the other doesn’t. Normally I am a fickler for perfection but I never even noticed this...it must be the pregnancy brain (well that’s my excuse and I'm sticking with it!).

I gave mum a card with the following poem in it (I wish I could have said I wrote it but I didn’t). It says everything I want to say and more...

All my life you've been there
Any time and any where
When I was young
And even now that I am older.

I have always known
You've done the best you could
Circumstances change, lives change
But family ties are strong.

I want you to know how much
I respect what you have done
For me, for others,
And even for yourself.

When problems knock you down
You just slowly, steadily,
adjust your shoulders
And then move on.

Many others would give up,
On love and on life, but you haven't.
You've continued,
Stronger, calmer, and with determination.

That's what you are,
strong, loving, caring, and dependable.
And yet still more
You are my mum.

And I love you.

Happy Birthday Mum,
With lots of love,

Byronism of the day...

As I might have mentioned we went out for dinner tonight to celebrate Mum’s birthday. According to Trevor, I acted like a child over ice-cream (long story not worth re telling). Anyway, on the way home we are arguing over that and also the fact that Byron was kicking his seat (which I think he has to far back – not leaving Byron much leg room). Anyhow, during the course of the argument he says to me something to the affect of "screw you" at which point Byron pipes up in the back seat and says "she can't screw she’s to big!". I'm not exactly sure what he thinks 'screw' means...but it sure sounds like he had some idea (a bit to young for that I would have thought). Although, I suspect he just thinks I'm to big to do anything!!!!

No comments: