Sunday, August 20, 2006

Oh what a weekend!

This weekend was filled with a little bit of this and a little bit of that – not all good I might add.

When I went to bed on Friday night the SPD was causing me a fair amount of discomfort so I took a Panadene Forte in the hope of curbing the pain and getting a good night sleep. Boy was I wrong!!! The Forte didn’t help at all (like it had done previously). I woke up about 5 times – pain related; toilet breaks and stupid bl**dy cats outside trying to mate or something (I seriously thought Trevor was going to kill them!). So, in all I’m not sure the Forte had time to really work. By the time morning rolled around I felt incredible ill and sore and not to mention very sorry for myself.

It is needless to say, that I spent most of the day either in bed or on the lounge. I don’t think I got out of my PJs until I had a bath (which was in the evening) and then got into a new pair. All in all it was a bad day. I was hoping against hope that it was a sign – you know that things were happening. I guess it was just wishful thinking.

As things go, last night was much better. I was so tired from the day's events (not sure why seeing as I didn't do much) that I was out like a light at 8.30pm and only woke up once (at 10.30pm) which for me is excellent. I was really glad for the good nights rest considering today was to be a very busy day.

Today we (the bridesmaids) held a surprise bridal shower for my besty. She is one of those people that absolutely HATES (and I mean hates) surprises. Plus she also hates being centre of attention. Today she got both!!!

She is also a person that must be in total control at all times. Everything has a place, plan, purpose etc. So it has been extremely difficult for her to ‘let go’ and hand over control of her hens weekend etc to us, the bridesmaids.

I am pleased to advise that today was a success. Everything went well, including the fact that she had absolutely no idea about the shower and was genuinely surprised by the events. The turn out was good and the 'sex toy' party went well. So all in all it was a great day.

Next weekend is the hen’s weekend. We (bride and bridesmaids) are staying down the Gold Coast for the weekend, with the hen’s night taking place on Saturday night. To be honest I’m not to sure how I will go – fingers crossed I won’t need to. As the wedding gets closer, my stress levels are starting to rise. I really am getting scared that Miss Lily won’t make her appearance in time for the wedding – or for me at least to be comfortable at the wedding. Of course I am only concerned with what is best for her...but still I worry that things won’t go according to plan and for my besty that spells disaster!!!

No doubt time will tell. I just wish I could tell time in advance .

No comments: