Friday, August 25, 2006

Let me see...

I was supposed to go down the coast today for my Betsy’s hens’ weekend. Originally (before the scheduled induction on Monday) I was going for Friday and Saturday night (actual hens’ night). Following the news Lily would be arriving on Monday, I reconsidered my decision about Saturday but figured Friday would be ok.

However, since my appointment on Wednesday I have been feeling a little strange (the OB did say to me when he was doing the internal that he would see if he could get things moving). By strange I mean...general unwellness, sore back, fatigue, urge to go to the toilet more then I need to. Plus, all this was accompanied by the lose of my mucus plug on Thursday. I had a feeling that Miss Lily might not wait until Monday.

Today however the symptoms have settled a little. In the circumstances though, I decided (with the persuasion of my mother who insisted it wasn’t safe and that I shouldn’t go) that it might be better to give things a miss. I thought my Besty might be a little upset, but turns out she was fine. Of importance really is the wedding, and as it stands things will have worked out a treat in that regard (which I think she couldn’t be happier about).

Whilst I am not attending the hens down the coast, Trevor is still attending the Bucks night (which is also down the coast). This is a little concerning, especially given, should I go into labour, he would not exactly be in any state to (1) drive back from the coast (2) actively participate in the birth. For my piece of mind though, his mother has offered to drive down and pick him up should things get started a little earlier then anticipated.

I finally packed my hospital bag yesterday much to Trevor’s delight (I don’t think he fancied trying to decide what underwear I might like to wear). The baby’s bag is packed. All that is left to do is to wrap Byron’s present from Lily and have him wrap a little something for the baby.

Well there really isn’t much else to report...just 3 more sleeps!!!


*******************************************************

Before I end this entry, I just wanted to say to a dear friend (she knows who she is) that I am terribly sorry that things didn't go her way today. It pains me know end to think of her as being unhappy. I found these words which I think 'might' sum up how she is feeling (hence 'might' because lets face it I can't be sure)


God answers so many of my little prayers,
so why not the big ones too?
I just can't understand it
Why does he do the things he decides to do?
My deepest desire lies unfulfilled
I feel so hopeless inside
I know I should be thankful
and not so full of pride.

I ask God every day
for this or that, you know, little things.
And when he answers so clearly
my heart just really sings.

But in those deep, pondering moments
When I ask for the desire of my heart,
I get no clear answer
and then my tears start,
Oh God, I want a baby
to hold and kiss and love
I know that you alone can give me
that blessing from above.

I keep waiting, waiting, waiting
and my patience grows to despair.
Oh why can't I have a baby?
For nothing else I truly care.
I know you haven't forgotten me
for better things to do
because you answer all my little prayers,
I just wish you'd fulfil my big one, too.

No comments: