Friday, August 04, 2006

Idle Banter

I woke up today and could hardly swallow my throat was so sore. I decided that, given it had been 3 days, I should trek off to the doctors for a check up. Her words were "Ohh that looks nasty". It turns out I have tonsillitis for which she prescribed me antibiotics.

I am feeling a tad guilty about taking myself off to the doctors when really I should probably have taken Byron too. He isn’t complaining of being sick or anything, but has a croaky voice, cough and runny noise and therefore may have tonsillitis as well (note to self...take Byron to the doctors tomorrow if he still has symptoms).

From the moment I picked Byron up from kindy today until the moment he went to sleep, he never stopped talking...literally. I am surprised the kid could breathe! When I think back to what he was talking about, there is nothing that really stands out...just idle banter and chit chat about this and that.

I was sitting on the lounge watching "A Current Affair" this evening, while Byron was playing in the family room with his trolley full of play food! I kid you not, he chatted to himself for most of the half hour program! I have noticed of late, that when he plays by himself, whether it is with puzzles, play doh or with his play food he constantly banters to himself. Trevor reckons he can talk about three things within the span of 3 seconds – random gibberish really.

Similarly, when he is in the bath he chats constantly to himself. Most of it has to do with the process of making cookies – yes cookies! These cookies come in all flavours ranging from, chocolate, mushroom (strange considering Byron has never had mushrooms in his life), to smartie; the main ingredients being, cold water (running from the tap – which can pose a problem in its affect of cooling the bath water, especially in winter), a bucket and a couple of old soap squirters. It seems to be a meticulous process often fraught with frustration and despair. In the end though, the cookies always turn out beautiful and taste wonderful to boot!

On another note, I received the photos taken when I was 28 weeks by a lovely lady. I happen to think she did a fantastic job, especially at capturing Byron’s spirit. For the record, here are a couple of the photos...

Byronism of the day...

It has been a while since I had any significant words of wisdom from Byron. Today, there seemed to be plenty...funnily enough though I am having trouble deciphering what were words of wisdom and what wasn’t; come to think of it...perhaps his idle banter got the better of me and perhaps there wasn't any wisdom at all.

Worth a mention...we have been putting cream on his face at night (due to a bit of wind burn). Anyway, he likes to help out so I put a little on his index finger. When I put it on, I refer to the name of the finger ie. index finger. Tonight, he made sure that I put some cream on his (what sounded like) "sex finger".

No comments: