Monday, August 28, 2006

Welcome Princess Lily!!!!

Well what a day!! At 3:36pm today our little princess, Lily entered the world, weighing in at 3.360kgs (7lbs 6oz), 51cms long and a head circumference of 36cms. She certainly is a little cutie, little rolls and all!!!

After arriving at the hospital last night, Nic was given the gel and headed off to the ward for the evening. Then this morning the fun began!! And all without pain relief….After a little wait for doctors etc, etc, she finally had her waters broken at around 11/11:30am. As time worn on she started to feel the pain increase and at its worst caused her to nearly puncture her mother’s hand with her nails.

I won’t go into all the details as I’m sure Nic will want to put her own spin on it but it is safe to say she has no intentions of not using pain relief drugs IF she decides to add a third child to our ranks.

Knowing all the pain and discomfort she has endured over the course of the last nine months I can not begin to explain how proud I am of her. I just hope she realises how special she really is, as my wife and the mother of our two beautiful children!!!!!!

No comments: