Sunday, August 27, 2006

The time has arrived...

I got a phone call this afternoon from the hospital whilst on my way to taking Byron to his cowboy birthday party (for which I will report later). It seems they are ‘quiet’ today and that if I wanted to they would be happy for me to come in tonight (after 8pm) to have the gel inserted – however, firstly I had to ring them at 7pm just to make sure there hadn’t been a sudden influx of labouring ladies.

It goes without saying that I couldn’t wait until 7pm – Byron was driving me nuts with his hyperactive silly behaviour – so I rang at 6.15pm. The midwife said it was still ok for me to come in anytime after 8pm. She asked me if I had been labouring at all. I said that I had had contractions on and off over the last week but nothing lasting. The reason she wanted to know is it seems they will only insert the Gel tonight, which means that if my cervix is dilated enough already to ARM (artificial rupture of membranes) I will have to come back in the morning. Apparently, they will only break waters in the morning (this is really odd). She did say that sometimes the ‘examination’ will get things moving over night and I might have to come back anyway.

Trevor (who I might add is completely seedy from his big weekend – but that’s another story for later) has dropped Byron off at his parents for the night which is good. It means we don’t have to worry about him should I have to go back to the hospital at some ungodly hour in the morning.

I am just sitting here wondering how I feel…to be honest I feel:

• Nervous for what lies ahead (how labour will be; that my baby will be fine; that everything will run smoothly)
• Anxious about the pain (well that goes without saying really)
• Excited (that I will met Lily within the next 24 hours – see what she looks like, how big she will be)
• Happy (that I won’t be pregnant anymore)
• Sad (that I won’t be pregnant anymore – strange I know)

Well the time has arrived...off to the hospital I go...if all goes well, next time I post I will be holding my...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: