Tuesday, August 22, 2006

More Birthdays!

Today is Trevor’s birthday!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We didn’t plan to do much seeing I am a bit of a cripple at the moment and it is a work day (plus he was aware of my feelings towards his birthday considering the effort he made with mine). We did however go out to dinner (twice within 5 days to the same restaurant – a miracle) with his parents which was nice.

Byron said the funniest things at the restaurant today which brings me to report an updated Byronism(s)...

First up the waitress came to take the dishes away. After she had picked up the plates and was ready to walk away Byron turns to her and says in this stern voice, "be careful and don’t break the plates". He not only caught the waitress by surprise but us too.

Later on, Byron decides out of the blue to start a strange conversation which went like this:

Byron: "Mummy would you like to be a penguin?"
Me: "I might like to be a penguin"
Byron: "Be a penguin"
Me: "How do you be a penguin?"
Trevor: "Well you have the waddle down pat!"
Byron: "Waddle, waddle, waddle, waddle" – all accompanied by head and hand movements

On a completely different note, Trevor just said to me (without prompting) that he is looking forward to Lily coming which was kind of a shock because he doesn’t really talk about that much (or as much as I would like). His reasons are:

1. So he can meet her
2. So I will feel better
3. He will get a holiday

According to him they are ranked in order of importance...good to see I come before the holiday.

No comments: