Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Byron

Byronism of the Day...

As I have previously mentioned, I have this massive cold sore on my lip. This cold sore seems to be of interest to Byron, who is always looking at it. Today, after he got out of the shower he said to me, “I have a cold sore and you can have a warm sore” - If only it was that easy.

Speaking of Byron, I took him to the GP yesterday for his 2 ½ - 3 ½ year required health check. Officially, he is:

• 14.9kgs (average weight)
• 98.7cms tall (above average height - the doctor commented that he would grow to be around 6ft tall)
• Within normal limits for vision, speech, gait, cardiovascular, development (wherein she commented he had a “[i]huge vocabulary”[/i]). It is also good to know that his ‘boy bits’ are within the normal limits.

He does have a tendency to talk quite loudly at times, so at my request she referred him to get his hearing tested. I made the appointment today for 24 October 2006 and nearly died at the cost - $170!! Unfortunately Byron was born before the compulsory hearing testing of newborn babies was bought in, so I guess we just want to make sure everything is in order in that department, which I am sure it is.

Before I go, I wanted to mention that Lily made her debut into her 'big bed', in her own room, last night (at 5 weeks). I was hoping it would enable me to get some more sleep, ie. I couldn't hear her incessant grunting and squirming because she was in her own room...but so far it hasn't worked - she wants to eat more instead.


No comments: