Saturday, October 28, 2006

Don’t do it...

Don’t do it...that is, don’t carpet your house when it’s fully furnished!!!

Oh my god, am I exhausted and there is still so much to do. I feel like I have moved house – yet I am still here (ie. no new house to be found). My family room is full of boxes and crap waiting to be unpacked. My kitchen looks like a bomb hit it and my laundry is even worse! At least I can say the bedrooms look good (mind you everything that goes into them – except furniture is downstairs in boxes waiting to be unpacked).

This wasn’t exactly my idea of spring cleaning – packing everything (and I mean everything) up out of the carpeted rooms (which are all rooms but the laundry, family room, kitchen and bathrooms) and moving it outside. Unfortunately though, it really had to be done, so I guess there is no time like the present – I just wish the present was the past and the future was here so that all my boxes were unpacked and put back!

I do love my new carpet though – I love the smell and the feel of it under my feet...just lovely! Now I have to protect it from the kids. As Byron would say "there is no juice, no water, no ice, no milk and no bikkies on the new carpet!" For the last two weeks I have been drumming into his head an endless list of ‘don’ts’ for the carpet. Hopefully he has got the message. Time will tell (Note: I have the special carpet cleaner at the ready).

Not only was it carpet laying day, it was Byron’s first ‘real’ swimming lesson. He had swimming lessons up until he was about 18 months old but they were fun lessons not real learn to swim lessons. He really enjoyed himself; especially since he was the only kid that showed up today (normally 4 to a class). He had his own private tuition. Due to packing etc I regrettably didn’t get to take any photos. I will be sure to have the camera at the ready for the next Saturday morning lesson.

Unfortunately, Byron wasn’t able to have a daytime nap today which so far has proved disastrous (which I had expected). He was so worn out from swimming, moving, people and the heat that today was a day that most certainly warranted a day sleep but nope...no where for the poor darling to sleep. You might have remembered those night terrors Byron suffered a few weeks back; the main cause being over tiredness. Well, I expect them tonight and so far he is delivering – he has been crying, thrashing about and very restless. He is now asleep on my bed – I had to do something; his crying and carrying on was waking Lily so I had the both of them going at once (and of course Trevor is not here!).

Oh what a day...

Before I go, I have to wish my beautiful Lily a...

Happy 2 months!

We have hit the time when things are supposed to get better; and better they are getting. She is feeding much better, although there are days when she is still a lazy so and so. She is sleeping more at night. On average, she sleeps for a good 6 hours straight (say 9pm to 3am) which is excellent. She is growing so beautifully and is even starting to share the odd smile (finally)...


No comments: