Thursday, October 12, 2006

The results are in...

Well the results are in and it’s all good news...

Lily doesn’t have reflux, which would be the main cause for urinary tract infections. She still has dilation on the left side which is continuing to improve. In the circumstances the doctor advised that he didn’t think it was necessary for her to continue with the antibiotics. I was a little bit sceptical (you would think I was the doctor) because I really don’t want her to suffer with any infections, but he did reassure me that it would be fine. In another breath though; he commented that, should she get any sudden fevers she should have her urine tested as soon as possible.

She does require a further ultrasound in three months time which is accompanied by a follow up appointment. If all goes well, her dilation should have reduced further. In the meantime, I am crossing my fingers that she will not suffer from any infections.


****************************************************

Today was the first day I met my new mother’s group at the Child Health Clinic. There is a lot more mothers this time then there was in my group with Byron (whom I still happily catch up with when I can). There is also a lot more little girls (there was just one girl in my previous mothers group).

I am grateful that I get to be a part of this group as ordinarily they only allow first time mums to participate (I am the only mother with 2 kids). For me, I consider it invaluable to have the opportunity to communicate and share your experiences with other mums. Lets face it...when you have a baby (or children, as is my case) you really want to talk about them (constantly), much to the dismay of your childless friends. Just because I am not a first time mum doesn’t mean I know it all. In fact, I think I have felt a little bit more out of my comfort zone with Lily then I did with Byron. Merely, I think, due to the fact that she has had some health and feeding issues, which I didn’t have with Byron (oh and she is a girl!).

I guess time will tell as to whether we all continue to meet after the course is finished at the clinic, and whether we develop lasting friendships. I sure hope so...

No comments: