Saturday, July 28, 2007

11 months!

There exists just one more month until my little Lily turns 1; just one more! I can't really believe it actually *shakes head in astonishment*.

Lily has learnt so much this last month it is quite astounding really. Where to start ...

Waving and pointing

She can wave on que (90% of the time) now, which is much more then she could do a month ago. It is really quite funny...it would seem she starts waving involuntary. When she sees her hand waving she looks down at it in amazement and stops and doesn?t then know how to start waving again .

I am trying to teach Lily the finer points of etiquette. It seems she doesn't quite understand that it is rude to point. She is pointing everywhere. She loves to point at the buttons on her toys and press them constantly. She also loves to point at your face; at your mouth and eyes. Very cute indeed!

Ta and Hi

Words, and or babble, are spilling out of her at the moment with the most recent addition to the vocabulary being "ta" and "hi". She isn't to keen on saying ta when I hand her something but if there is something she wants she will make a point of waving her hands at the same time as saying "ta". She clearly understands the meaning of the words and is also aware of the meaning of other words like "kisses", "cuddles" and "all gone". She is learning everyday.

Phone and remote control

The other day she grabbed the home phone, put it up to her ear in the awkward way kids hold phones to their ears and said "hi". Needless to say I thought it was the greatest thing I had seen in ages . Then she did it again and again and again. She did it with the home phone and Trevor's phone (but not mine). Isn't it odd how babies know at such a tender age, the difference between a real phone and a block?

Lily has also taken to the remote control. When she finds one (yes there are many) around the place she picks it up and points it at the television as if she is going to change the channel. She spots them a mile away. If I let her they of course would be her favourite toy!

Crawling and cruising

Commando crawling has pretty much bit the dust now. She only requires its use when she needs to get somewhere at a speed 'traditional' crawling has not yet reached. Lily loves to pull herself up on everything and is no longer just content to just stand there. She is cruising around the furniture. She loves the water cooler, Byron's wiggles table and chair, her LeapFrog table, legs (particularly Trevor's and his hairs ), the screen door, the kitchen cupboards and of course the stairs (which thankfully she hasn't figured out how to climb).

Favourite things

Lily loves her pink bunny blanket (and dummy) just like Byron did. She eats its ears and rubs the polar fleece on her face. With her recent colds the poor bunny looked terrible. There were yellow spots of dried snot all over it. Thankfully, I had 3 on the go at the one time so we could manage (although I was quite embarrassed when I forgot to take a nice clean one to kindy instead bringing the snot encrusted, smelly one she had the night before - opps).

'If you're happy and you know it' is still by far her favourite song. It is guaranteed to bring a smile every time she hears it (or you sing it). 'Twinkle. Twinkle' isn't far behind. I think she mainly loves the hand actions, which she tries to copy.

Lily is a great eater and pretty much eats what ever is put in front of her. Breakfast is still a favourite. I continue to breastfeed her in the morning (hanging out for the 12 month mark) which she seems to enjoy (probably more for comfort really because I don't think she gets much 'milk' out of it).

Stuff

She wears size 00 to 0 clothing and uses toddler nappies now. I'm not to sure what she weighs but might stick her on the scales later to see.

On a daily basis I look at her and realise I love her so much more then I did when she was born. Her personality is developing at a rate of knots. She is truly the light of my life, as is Byron . I am amazed at her accomplishments each and every day and sit in wonderment that I have created such a cherub. I look forward to the following month and the years to follow (my only wish is that it would slow down a little)!

Hmmm I think that is about it for now.

No comments: