Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Signing my life away.

I feel like I just signed my life away on this 25th day of July 2007. Literally, I must have signed my name at least 100 times. If this is what it's like to be a celebrity I can't say I'm a fan. I seriously was developing symptoms of RSI in my hand.

What were we signing you ask?

Well...the contracts to our new house .

That's it...it is all over from our end except for the finance part, which at the moment I am some what dreading now that Trevor, whilst working, is in limbo. I suspect this probably won?t go down a treat with the financier (we had no problems whilst he was in his previous job). I keep thinking how much easier it would have been if he was retrenched a month or so later. *sigh* Oh well.

The contracts have been going back and forward for a week or so. They weren't quite right (ie. The blue tiles in the toilet and laundry, the cream soap holder in a white ensuite, the cream linen cupboard in a white laundry) but are all fixed now.

The contract price, including all the extras to finish off the house, was more then I expected to pay but just under our maximum limit. I can?t believe how quickly it adds up, so much so that we decided to take the air-conditioning out. That will have to wait!

Trevor is dropping the signed documents off tomorrow following receipt of which the builders will supply us with a nice bound edition for our financiers, all ready for the next step.

If all goes well, it seems we might be having a slab party within a few months. I truly cannot wait.

No comments: