Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Still Sick!

My little Lily is still sic...the poor little munchkin. Of late it feels like I have to take a crowbar to her nose/lip region in the morning to remove the build up of hardened snot stuck there ? the poor thing is so congested it is any wonder she can breathe at night.

My mother in law is looking after her today which is good. She took her to the doctors for me and it turns out she now has an ear infection. She hasn't got much better since we left the doctor's surgery last Friday (although there was a glimmer of hope on Monday). As a consequence, I suspected she might have had more then just a cold. I was right. I told my boss that I wouldn't be going to work tomorrow because I was staying home with Lily. She was great about it. If I had of been at my old job I would have been so worried about what people think - especially when I had Friday off last week - but they were great which makes it so much easier. It is hard enough having a sick child and feeling guilty about not being at home with them, but when you add job accompanying guilt, it is so much worse. Admittedly, I don't let the job worry as much as it used too.

Fingers crossed she starts to improve with the antibiotics (and plenty of cuddles and love).

No comments: