Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's all a bit weird...

I honestly couldn't count on one hand the amount of times he has gone to bed before me in the last few years. Heck, I couldn't even count on one hand the amount of times we have gone to bed together, at the same time. Trevor is a night owl and likes his own space at night hence he likes to be the last to go to bed. Yes it?s annoying and yes I hate it but I?m used to it; that is how we do things around here.

So...it's all a bit weird, Trevor being in bed asleep before me .

I'm out of kilter. I bet he feels the same. When I came home from work tonight he looked tired; dog tired and today was only his first day. I asked him how it went, and in usual Trevor fashion he didn't say much..."It was fine; easy".

I do hope he finds something more 'sustainable' because I can see this job really taking its toll. In the meantime though, I am grateful he has a job (I mean seriously, there are toy sales to attend!).

So tonight, while he sleeps, I'm awake as is Miss Lily. She isn't well . I have put her down (asleep) three times and she has woken 3 times. The poor thing is stuffed up, has rosy red cheeks and from what I can gather (whenever she coughs she does this gag reflex) is suffering with a sore throat. Seriously, I can not wait to bid farewell to winter...it is fricken freezing here at the moment. It is dead set the coldest winter I can remember for a long while (for Queensland standards that is). I can't shake this damn cold and cough and the kids constantly have runny noses and the like - oh and don't get me started about their skin . Byron seems to be doing ok-nothing warranting attention by a doctor. Lily not so good, but not so bad, no hospital visits or anything just doctors and antibiotics.

Fingers crossed she will be feeling better tomorrow. I hate having to take days off work. I always feel bad about it - torn when I shouldn't be because there really is no question as to what is more important. Family comes first and if Lily needs attention then that is what she will get - lots of kisses and cuddles. Trevor can't really share the load at the moment...imagine the boss' reaction if he didn't turn up for his second day of work with the excuse his kid was sick - sure it would go down a treat!!

It's past 11.00pm so I should head to bed...EEEK!!! Trevor will be up in less than 3 hours!

No comments: