Wednesday, July 11, 2007

He just doesn't get it!

He doesn't understand that he has to work for another 35 years plus.

He doesn't get that it's not just about the now (although important) but also about the future.

He doesn't get that I don't want to do this anymore.

He just doesn't get it at all and frankly I don?t understand how he can't!!!

Friday will mark 2 weeks of unemployment. On the weekend I started to get a bit nervous about where he was headed yet again. Every time I would bring it up he got feisty and on the defensive which in turn made me angry and to the point where I would say (or think about saying) things that maybe I shouldn?t. I asked him what he did last week. His response was "I applied for jobs". Ummm ok...how? (There are many other options apart from the internet). Ding Dong...anyone home!!! He doesn?t seem to understand how.

I told him that I wasn?t going through this again - Trevor's career path. This was the 4th time and hopefully the last. I told him it was time to figure out where he wanted to head career wise. Of course he had no idea. He has absolutely no friggen idea and I have had enough. I am at a loss to simply understand how this man thinks...or doesn't think for that matter. It should be instinctive to try harder; to achieve higher goals. Obviously it isn't for him...maybe he was just never taught to think that way.

I organised a group of employment agencies for him to ring. I organised the labour hire company for him to ring. I suggested that maybe he should do a trade - for the future. Why can't he do all this himself? Why do I have to do it?

This afternoon when he picked me up he mentioned that he had an interview tomorrow for a job at the Council on a 6 months contract (paid through an agency not the Council). I explained that that would mean no benefits or anything in the interim but I was happy all the same that he could potentially have some work. Anyway, moving past that, I asked him what his plans were if he got the job. His response was "what do you mean?" . Ummm HELLO!!! Like what about the future ? the next 35 years - like usual he gets himself a mediocre job and just plots along hopping everything will be peachy for the future. He just got on his high horse ranting that nothing is ever good enough...and that maybe I should marry myself a rich lawyer!

I totally give up. It is like trying to speak French to a Japanese person. He just doesn't get it and I don't think he ever will .

No comments: