Sunday, July 01, 2007

Conjunctivitis + Disney on Ice

Today, Byron, my sister and I trotted off to see Disney on Ice Finding Nemo but not before a little bit of a crap start.

I woke up this morning and one of my eyes was stuck together. I knew it couldn't be sleep - that just left conjunctivitis. I called Trevor to get me a washer because there was no way I was going to look in the mirror until the gunk was gone. When I did look in the mirror, my eye was red bloodshot and felt really scratchy.

I think the kids might have had a really (and I mean really) mild case last week. Both of them woke up with what looked like excess sleep for a few days but that was it - their eyes were definitely not as red as mine are.


Trevor didn't come along to Disney because he had a soccer thing he wanted to go to and wouldn't have made it to that in time if he went. My sister gladly stepped in for the ticket.

When I picked up my sister, she was quick to point out that I better not come near her because she had conjunctivitis. How funny was it when I revealed to her that I was suffering too! Even funnier was that she too only had it in the one eye .

Anyway, moving past conjunctivitis, Nemo was great. It wasn't as fantastic as I thought it would be (come to think of it I am not sure how I thought it would be) but Byron and my sister loved it. According to Byron, who will count it out in order on his fingers, his favourite bits were the volcano erupting, the shark, and the whale. The funny thing is, he didn't particularly like the huge whale at the time?he actually wanted to leave when the whale emerged because "it was too scary!".

Today Byron was a little bit fidgety but generally pretty good. Admittedly today he wasn't exactly well. The poor little mite has a bad cough and croaky voice. Fingers crossed that doesn't get any worse.

I really enjoyed taking him today. Apart from the movies twice and Bananas in Pyjamas once, we have never really been to any show type events (prior to Nemo). Speaking of live shows, I have purchased pre-release Wiggles tickets (front row) for their show in December. Whilst he will be 4 I think (and am hoping) he will still enjoy them. He still likes to watch them on TV so there is hope. I would have loved to take Lily but wasn't going to pay for her. Apparently all children over 12 months have to be paid for which I think is a bit rich. I mean, seriously Lily will be barely 16 months - hardly able to take it all in.

No comments: