Monday, October 29, 2007

14 Months.

My budda baby (you’ll understand that connotation soon) is growing up fast. It has been a while since I updated on her progress.

1. First things first...she is as gorgeous as ever!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2. She now weighs around 10.8 kgs and is 80cms tall. She has well and truly recovered from her little bout of sickness a few weeks back – she has put the weight back on and then some! She is such a solid little thing now (and I mean solid). She has this big puffy round face and a large protruding belly which I just adore.

3. She hasn’t developed an ability to stand up on her own yet. Nor is she walking on her own although she does walk when stood up and prompted to do so. I think my little Lily is lazy – might refer to her as Lazy Lily! I have absolutely no idea where she gets that laziness from. She is just not interested in walking – she is happy to crawl around or cruise the furniture.

4. Lily now has a grand old total of 12 teeth. She has another 4 teeth coming through – the first of her ‘big’ teeth (not sure what happened to the last of her little teeth – they haven’t appeared – she’s skipped those and moved on to the molars).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There are 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom and they are slowly but surely making their way down and are quite visible in her smile. They first appeared at least a month ago and have been causing some grief as they steadily make their way to the surface; the grief consisting of sleep issues and grumpiness.

5. Speaking of sleep issues and grumpiness – I think it deserves a paragraph of its own - Lily has had many moments. Leaving illness aside, there were a few weeks where she was intent on waking up between 3.00 – 4.00am every morning much to my displeasure. There were a few times I succumbed and gave her a bottle so she would go back to sleep, so that I could sleep. Thankfully, I stopped that habit quick smart before it developed into something untoward. As for the grumpiness, Lily can be a Little Miss ‘Diva’. If she doesn’t get what she wants, she will crack it – hop down on the floor and just lie there. Those tears are still evident every turn. She sure hasn’t lost the ability to turn on the waterworks when she wants to.

6. Enough of the yukky stuff. Lily is delightful in so many ways. I love how she waves good bye and says “bye” in the most audible fashion. She says “ta”, “ball”, “bird” (she just loves them so…), “no”, “mamma”- Grandma, “nanna” and “inner” - dinner. Whilst she has no where near the vocabulary that Byron had at the same age, she is getting there and for the most part, I have some understanding of where she is coming from. She is far more expressive with actions (and whiney/wingy language) then Byron ever was.

7. Lily gives the best cuddles and kisses. I love ‘our’ time together on her rocking chair every night. She sits facing me and just cuddles into my chest – Awwwhhhh it’s wonderful! *sigh* I hope it never ends!

I can not believe she is 14 months old all ready. Please, if you're reading Lily – slow down – you're growing up before my eyes and I want to make sure I don't miss a thing!

Byronism...

It’s been a while between ‘isms, so when Byron said something funny (...well it was to me) the other day I thought I better record it.

He was watching TV when he noticed a Sesame Street character was wearing a hat in the bath – for the record it was a shower cap. The conversation went like this…

Byron: “Why is he wearing a girl’s hat?”
Me: “It’s not a girl’s hat; it’s a shower cap”
Byron: “But he's in the bath! It's a bath cap…you can wear it in the bath too”

No comments: