Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Where art thou sleeping baby?

Why oh why were my children still awake at 10.45pm when they were both asleep at 7.00pm???

My night so far...

7.30pm - Both children asleep.
8.00 pm - Lily wakes up. Cries. I cuddle her for a while, put her back down. She is fine.
8.15pm - Lily crying again. Hmmm. Pick her up, change dirty nappy (in the dark – mean feat), cuddle her and put her down again. She is fine.
8.30pm Lily crying again. Implement controlled crying. She dozes off to sleep or went quiet.
9.00pm – Me, searching for Heroes episode 3 on line. Lily crying again. Pick her up. She stops. Put her back down, she starts again. Pick her up, give her some Panadol, cuddle her and put her back down. She is quiet
9.15pm – Lily starts crying again. Trevor picks her up. She stops. He cuddles her for a good while and puts her back. She is quiet.
9.45pm – Lily starts crying again. Time for controlled crying. She stops – asleep?
10.00pm – Lily starts crying. Byron wakes up!!! I get Lily and decide to give her cuddles on my lap whilst I watch Heroes episode 3 on the computer. She thinks its playtime. Byron is wide awake.
10.20pm – Lily is still awake, as is Byron. Lily needs a nappy change AGAIN! I decide to give her some water. She really thinks its playtime and is all smiles. I decide enough is enough (when am I meant to go to sleep?).
10.40pm – Lily goes down...crying; more crying; more crying . Hmmm. Stops crying. Starts crying. Stops crying. I go check on her and she stops. The little bugger is playing me. Byron meanwhile says “Lily is waking me up” (poor mite).
10.45pm – Lily still crying! Byron is talking to himself in bed. I decide more control crying.
11.00pm – It worked - Silence (but for how long??!)

Byron was a dream child – he slept beautifully. Miss Lily. Hmmm. She is a little different; more difficult. Definitely not as easy as he was. She has just developed these habits. Maybe it’s teeth? I don’t know?! All I want to know is...where art thou sleeping baby?

Arrrhhhh...Silence is Golden! *sigh*

On that note, Goodnight!

No comments: