Monday, October 01, 2007

Sunday at the Farm

...Now where was I?

Oh...that's right, I had done Saturday and now for Sunday...

Yesterday we had another little birthday party to attend. It was for one of Byron’s little friends who share his birthday. So on the glorious spring day – more like summer – that was yesterday, we headed off to the farm to have some play time with the animals. Lily was dressed in her cowgirl attire and looked simply adorable (no bias at all). It's a pity she wouldn't keep the hat on. I think she is going to be trouble in that department!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yesterday marked the occasion of the first horse ride. She seemed to enjoy it all. Gee she looked so tiny up there on the horse.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Byron enjoyed his ride too. I remember distinctly that the last time he rode a horse (which was the day before I had Lily) he wasn’t at all impressed. I didn’t expect him to be this time either, but I was wrong. He seemed to enjoy it however he didn’t want to go back for ride number two.

I tell you what he did love...the mouse! Yep! Mice *squinches face up in disgust*. Byron got to play with some mice and he loved them (and no, there won’t be any pet mice in our house any time soon!). He also loved the guinea pig, which Lily tried to smack in the face – naughty little sausage.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The kids also got to feed the lamas (which Byron was too scared to do), donkeys, horses and ducks. They also got to brush the horses. There were wheel barrow races and running races too.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He was simply exhausted after his big day at the farm.

When it was all over and the animals probably couldn’t wait to see the back of us, we headed home but only to head back out again to my sister’s place for a roast. My brother was up for a fleeting visit for work and was heading off in the morning.

*Sigh* I think I am happy to be at work today!

No comments: