Monday, October 08, 2007

Slowly but surely...

Trevor stayed home with Lily today.

It was off to the doctors this morning to make sure she was doing okay in the circumstances. As expected, Lily has a very bad case of gastroenteritis, which is what we thought.

Apparently we are doing something right - we are to continue doing what we are doing by giving her lots of water, gastrolite ice-blocks and muesli made up with water or anything dry and bland. We were told to keep her well away from diary until the diarrhea has passed. If it hasn't passed by Thursday we are to go back for more testing.

They weighed her at the doctors and she was just under 10kgs give or take. At her 12 month needles she was 10.2kgs and since then she hasn’t been weighed. As a guestimate, I would say she has lost at least 500grams to maybe 750 grams which is a lot for a little person. The entire gorgeous chub that hugged her thighs and gave her a jolly belly is gone…all gone! It’s reassuring that she had a nice layer of chub covering her because I dread to think what would have been left on her if she didn’t.

Trevor said she seemed somewhat happier today although still whingy. The diarrhea is slowing down which is a great sign.

I get to have another work from home day tomorrow – yippee! Love that my job is so flexible. It just means I need to do a few hours work tonight to make sure I get all my work done. That’s ok…happy if it means I get extra cuddles tomorrow.

Here is a pic taken of my sweet pumpkin on Saturday…right in the grip of the dreaded sickness – she still looks as gorgeous as ever *sigh*.

(excuse the drity face - she was rubbing the dirt all over her face whilst having 'fresh air' time)

No comments: