Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Bad Habits

For the record, Lily is getting better. She is eating well (still no dairy) and the diarrhea is all gone *touch wood* although she is still quite ‘soft’ in that department. She is off to kindy tomorrow for her first day back in a week, which I think will be really good for her and get her back into her normal routine. I hope to restart her on dairy tomorrow (or at least one bottle).

Leaving miserableness and weight loss aside the dreaded sickness has caused something else...bad habits!

Lily is so out of routine at the moment it’s not funny. Over the course of the last week she has had a lot of cuddles, and I mean a lot...like, cuddle central at our place. Is it possible for a baby to get too many cuddles??!!!

She has become less active (which is understandable). At this rate she won't be walking until she is 16 months old!

She wants to be picked up ALL the time (note emphasis on ALL).

She won’t let me leave the room when I’m home with her or cracks up if she sees me (awwhhh she loves me most – this isn’t too bad I suppose).

She wants cuddles to sleep.

She whinges, whines and cries constantly (it’s driving me nuts).

I’m really scared that all the good habits and routines we have developed over the previous year are shot. Things such as sleep and being independent were things Lily was so proficient at and now seem to have gone flying (at full pelt) out the window. What if they don’t return? What will I do? Start over?

I know that she has been sick and during that time she has needed extra cuddles and reassurance and I needed that too (something to do with feeling like I was giving her what she needed and doing everything I could to help). However, it seems little Lily has cottoned on to all the extra attention and is gunning her little heart out for all she can get shunning any routine and schedules we have in place. At the moment, she thinks its all about her – her way or no way! Somehow me thinks that won’t work around here.

So.

Tomorrow is the day when routine and order make their way back into my house. Lily will just have to accept it – or at least that is the plan anyway...she might need extra cuddles after her first day back at kindy.

No comments: