Thursday, September 06, 2007

*cluck* *cluck*

I am so unbelievably clucky at the moment it is ridiculous. My desire to have another child was never this strong when Byron was around Lily’s age – it just wasn’t! Whenever I see a pregnant women or a new baby I stop, take notice and then dream – dream about my next bub. It seems everyone around me is getting pregnant again and most of those have a baby the same age or younger then Lily. I guess when I had Byron, I didn’t really know any other people with a baby except for the few in my mother’s group and even so all but one of them waited even longer then I did to have a second child. Being around other pregnant mums is fuelling my desire (as is EB). I also think (although I hate to admit it) that the sooner I have another bub the sooner I can be a stay at home mum again if even for 6 months, following which I will be able to return to work on a part time basis (so long as the budget allows).

I know that we will have another baby when the time is right. It just sucks that timing has everything to do with money and nothing to do with desire if that makes sense. We have to get established in our new house with the big mortgage. Trevor has to get himself established with another job – one that doesn’t have him leaving home before dawn. I have to establish myself for at least a year in this job. Plus, there is the 30th next May which I so want to celebrate in a big way.

Maybe when the new house is finished (or even started), the focus will move from having another baby to the new house and entertaining! Ideally, I would love to start trying for baby no. 3 (gee that sounds absurd) in June next year (just after my 30th) but like I said, that will depend solely on money. I think Trevor is keen, but like me, he is worried about finances and my ability to work during pregnancy.

It seems my desire will have to wait until the so-called right time. I hope that the right time is June 2008. If all goes to plan I will be looking at a new edition in early to mid 2009, when Lily will be at least 2 and half and Byron going on 6 (oh my how scary)! As for me, fingers crossed I’ll still be 30!

No comments: