Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Six months on...

It has been six months since I started working full time. I have now been in my job for six months. I can’t say they have been six long months because it doesn’t really feel like six months; more like three.

I really do like my job but I would rather be home with my kids or at least spending more time at home then I do at work. In an ideal world I would work three days a week but I guess we can’t all live by our ‘ideals’ so I hope to cut back to four days when the time is right. I hope the time is right within the next six months.

It’s funny how things work out for the best (or better). I remember hoping, after the interview, that I wouldn’t get the job. I was honestly really worried that it was out of my league. It seems however, that I have misconstrued my abilities because things have worked out swimmingly. I really do feel ok about the work I am doing. I enjoy the people and the environment. Working fulltime at another job, or even the job I had before, would have been completely different to working fulltime in the job I am in now – completely different and for the worse.

I come and go as I please (so to speak of course) and the hours are ‘good’. I have an autonomy that I really enjoy and the work is interesting. The people are friendly and nice which makes for a ‘happier’ working environment.

Having to work full time sucks; really it does but I guess I am thankful for the job I have landed in. Gosh, I dread to think how things could have worked out.

No comments: