Monday, September 24, 2007

"Keeping it real with the ladies..."

I picked up the phone this evening and there was a delay; the delay that usually leads me to hang up because delay often means Western Australian, *cough* international, telemarketer. Anyway, before I could hang up the phone I heard a softly spoken female voice on the other end asking “can I speak to Byron”. I responded with whom may I ask is calling. “K...” she said. I knew instantly who it was. It was one of Byron’s little girl friends from kindy. I presumed she was ringing to RSVP to his party this Saturday.

Whilst Byron had just gone to bed, he was not yet asleep – Trevor was about to read him a story. So I took up the phone and told him it was for him; it was K. He was so excited when he got on the phone. He started chatting away. Trevor and I thought it hilarious the discussion they were having, something to do with “Michael butt butt”. It was “butt” this and “butt” that. It really was a silly conversation but delightful to listen to none the less. They were talking for a good few minutes but I didn’t think I heard any mention about his party so Trevor took the phone and asked K if she was coming to the party to which she confirmed she was. Trevor then said “see you later” and handed the phone back to Byron. Byron started talking again but he then realised K was no longer there – it would seem she hung up. He was shattered. He wanted to call her back. Alas, we didn’t have her number so that was not going to happen. We presume she thought Trevor had said good bye so she hung up. Probably good anyway, because, how do you get two 4 year olds off the phone?

Anyway, Trevor was all smitten thinking “Byron’s my son…keeping it real with the ladies”. Seriously *rolls eyes* men!

I’ll be honest, I got all gooey…his first phone call from a girl and he’s barely 4 *sigh*.

I asked Byron what he talked about on the phone and this is what he said:

“Michael poo poo, wee wee, penis, Greg butt but – toilet butt”...what the???

I have noticed of late that he and his little friends think it’s hilarious to talk about all things bodily. “poo poo head”, “bum bum”. The other day at kindy, one of his teachers told me that all the little boys “compare themselves” when they go to the bathroom. God help me, it has started already!!!!

My little man is growing older!

No comments: