Tuesday, September 11, 2007

“Flush the toilet!”

I don’t know what it is about men or boys for that matter but why the hell can’t they flush the toilet after they use it??? I just don’t get it. Is their attention span that small that they just forget what they have been doing?

I hate finding a little surprise in the toilet when I visit…I hate it!

Byron’s habit of doing his business and not flushing the loo after he goes is driving me absolutely bonkers. I never taught him ‘not’ to flush…on the contrary, he used to flush every time when he was ‘little’ which I suspect had something to do with the joy of watching the water. In any event, I did teach him to flush and he used to do it every time but now…now he just doesn’t.

The last few months I have to make a point of asking him every time I know that he has been, as to whether he has flushed the toilet or not. Without delay, I am usually confronted with the either “Opps…I forgot”, “nothing came out” (that clearly he must not have seen because when I go look there is something there), “It wasn’t much” or wait for it “it wasn’t yellow” – What the!!! I don’t know where he is learning such absurd things, but in my house we flush – and we flush every time.

Trevor has been known not to flush which just leads me to believe it is a male trait. Maybe they just don’t have the capacity to recall…maybe their brains aren’t big enough. Who knows! I just hope Byron develops the recall to remember to flush soon as my patience is running thin in that department.

No comments: